Villas

Country Houses

Apartments

Lucca - Ancient Villa

Description

PALAZZETTO DEGLI ARNOLFINI - Lucca This Palazzo in the countryside had been used as a Manor House by an important lucchese family, and has been called "il Palazetto" because of it's elegant shape and reasonable size. It is located in one of the most beautiful areas of Lucca 5 km from the walls of the town, 4 km from the highway and 20 km from Pisa International Airport. The 1400's Villa has been modernized and slightly modified, taking care of it's original features. It is in conditions to move in immediately and the big terrace overlooks the valley underneath. In 14th century it belonged to the Noble family Arnolfini, rich merchants of silk and passed in the 16th century into the hands of the family Trenta, and finally, at the beginning of the passed century the family Bertolli purchased the property as a summer residence. This family during the past century had become on of the most important companies in the international food market as well as the economy of Lucca. The Palazzetto is developped on 3 floors of approx. 140 sqm each, the ground floor with facility rooms such as kitchen, dining room, cellar and storages, the first "Noble" floor dedicated to living and night area, and the attic on the second floor. On the first floor you find a big sitting room with fireplace and a study, the mezzanine floor hosts a master apartment with a spacious bedroom, bathroom and closet, the second floor consists of an open space, study and 2 bedrooms with bathroom. The garden had been taken from the hill, building a huge terrace of a great size, opening onto the precious olive groves, where it is possible to build a pool and an underground parking. Asking price € 2,350,000 negotiable.